Breathing is the only system in the body that works both unconsciously and, at the same time, can be consciously controlled. You can breathe away stress. You can breathe your mind into focus. You can breathe yourself into the present moment.
I was once asked by someone coaching me what I would say to my chidren on my death bed if I only had a few moments with them. This is what I said:
Slow your breathing down. Breathe from your belly. Breathe through your nose. Lengthen your exhalations. Your breath is always with you. And so am I.
If you would also like to get the world breathing better, here are some practical ways you can help:
- Sign up for our email newsletter
- Download the free app BreatheSync
- Read Do Breathe: Calm your mind. Find focus. Get stuff done.
- Share posts with #DoBreathe
- Help someone you know breathe a little better.